Auto Repair Fraud
Have you been ripped off by a motor vehicle repair shop or car dealership when you have taken your car or truck in for repairs? Unfortunately, it is all too common to hear consumers complain that a auto repair shop or car dealer misrepresented or didn’t disclose the charges or repairs involved with the repair of their vehicle. The Florida Motor Vehicle Repair Act and Unfair Deceptive Trade Practice Acts were statutes that were enacted to protect consumers from fraudulent and unfair practices committed by repair shops and car dealerships. You may have a claim against your repair shop if you answer yes to any of the following statements:
- Were you charged for repairs on your car, truck or other automobile in an amount that was more than listed on the estimate?
- Did the repair shop fail to give you a written estimate of the repairs before beginning work on your vehicle?
- Did the dealership install used, rebuilt or reconditioned parts to repair your vehicle without your knowledge?
- Did the repair shop or dealership make any false statements or misrepresentations to you relating to the estimate or repairs?
- Did the repair shop engage in any unfair or deceptive practice with you relating to the repair of your car?
If you answered yes to any of these questions or feel you were treated unfairly by a repair shop, please contact our office to speak with an attorney about your case.